One of our favorites dinner sides is a baked potato in foil. Whether you’re hoping to make a baked potato in oven or on the grill, we’ll train you the right way to make an ideal baked potato each time!
Favorite Side –> Baked Potato Wrapped in Foil!
Spring, Summer, Winter, Fall…there isn’t a nasty time to make a baked potato in foil! Baked potatoes are my all-time favourite meals. Ask my mother and father, they known as me spud rising up as a result of I requested for them so usually.
Today we thought we’d return to the fundamentals to show you the right way to make an ideal baked potato each time. To get began, you’ll want just some issues…and don’t fear, you’ll get each an oven and a grill choice!
- Large Idaho Potatoes: on this recipe, we used Idaho potatoes, however you’ll be able to really use this methodology for any sort of potato resembling russet, crimson, candy, and so forth!
- Olive Oil: we’ve discovered olive oil to have one of the best taste for baked potatoes, however you can too use canola.
- Salt and Pepper: these two spices are magic in relation to baking a potato in foil. Be beneficiant, I promise your tastebuds will he joyful.
- Toppings: We’ll get into toppings later, however a freshly cooked baked potato is your oyster. Get inventive together with your favourite toppings and have enjoyable!
How to Bake a Potato in Foil
Step 1: Clean potatoes
Potatoes come from the bottom so typically there might be filth or residue left behind in your tater. Run them underneath heat water and if in case you have one, use a scrubby brush to scrub the pores and skin of the taters.
Then, pat dry with a towel and transfer to step 2.
Can I Use Any Kind of Potato?
Technically you should utilize any sort of potato with the foil-pack methodology. Do observe that measurement issues in relation to baking time. The larger the potato, the longer you’ll must prepare dinner it. Here are another potato choices you’ll be able to strive:
- candy potatoes
- russet potatoes
- crimson potatoes
Step 2: Rub with olive oil and season
Now it’s time to drizzle your potatoes with olive oil. We wish to drizzle after which therapeutic massage the oil into the potato pores and skin to make it possible for ever knick and cranny is roofed.
Then, generously season your potatoes with salt and pepper. Don’t be shy on this half…you’ll thank me later!
Step 3: Roll in Tin Foil
Now it’s time to roll your potatoes in foil. The purpose we roll potatoes in foil within the first place is so that you could entice the warmth near the potato and prepare dinner it evenly.
There is not any proper or mistaken method to really roll the potato, so use your greatest judgment and get rolling! We wish to mimic a burrito roll, it appears to be efficient.
What are the advantages of utilizing aluminum foil on a baked potato?
We’ve discovered that when wrapping a potato in foil, they really prepare dinner quicker as a result of the aluminum foil traps the warmth, thus cooking them quicker.
We’ve additionally discovered that when you’re planning to make baked potatoes within the oven as half of a bigger meal, that they keep hotter longer wrapped within the foil as a result of it insulates them as soon as they’re achieved cooking.
Do I’ve to poke holes in my baked potatoes?
There is a giant debate about this on the web and the reality is, we’ve achieved it each methods and get the identical outcomes!
Step 4: Time to Cook
Oven vs. Grill
Good information people…you can also make a baked potato in oven wrapped in foil and baked potatoes on the grill! Plus, it’s just about the identical methodology (you’ll be able to even make your baked taters within the crockpot!)!
Oven: To make a baked potato in oven wrapped in foil, preheat the oven to 450ºF. Place baked potatoes in foil straight in your oven rack. Let prepare dinner for 45-60 minutes rotating after half-hour. Use a fork to pierce the potatoes to see how tender they’re.
Grill: Preheat grill to 450ºF. Place your baked potatoes in foil straight on the flame and canopy. Let prepare dinner for 45-60 minutes rotating each 10 minutes or so. The time will rely on how massive your potatoes are. Use a fork to pierce the potatoes to see how tender they’re.
For each strategies, let cool, for about quarter-hour earlier than unwrapping so that you don’t burn your self! Serve instantly or refrigerate for later.
So, to recap: How lengthy to bake a potato?
We advocate baking your potatoes at 450ºF for round 45-60 minutes relying on the scale. If you’re planning to grill, it’s the identical temp and time.
Why the excessive warmth?
We’ve discovered that the candy spot of baking a potato to get that fluffy inside and crispier exterior is cooking them at excessive warmth. So, 450ºF it’s!
How lengthy to bake potatoes at 375 in foil: a medium potato at 375ºF will take round 1 hour to totally bake. If you employ a bigger potato, you’ll probably want so as to add time.
Looking to get inventive together with your toppings? Here are just a few you must strive!
Let your potatoes cool utterly. You can both depart them wrapped in foil or unwrap them (it’s all desire). Then, retailer them within the fridge for as much as 5 days. We like to position them right into a gallon-size bag.
How to Reheat Baked Potatoes in Foil
Looking to reheat your potatoes? Check out 2 choices under for reheating!
Oven: when you maintain your baked potatoes wrapped within the foil, you’ll be able to reheat them proper within the oven. Preheat oven to 400ºF and let prepare dinner for 15-20 minutes, or till potatoes are heat.
Microwave: take away baked potatoes from tin foil and place on a plate. Microwave on excessive for 1 minute and 30 seconds to 2 minutes or till scorching.
- 6 giant Idaho potatoes
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Salt and pepper
- Sour cream or Greek yogurt
- First, preheat the grill or oven to 450ºF.
- Run potatoes underneath heat water and use a scrubby to take away any filth or residue after which and pat dry with a towel to dry.
- Drizzle potatoes with olive oil and use your palms to therapeutic massage the oil into the pores and skin. Then, generously season the whole potato with salt and pepper.
- Individually wrap every potato in a bit of tin foil.
- Grill: Place potatoes straight on the grill grates over direct warmth. Cover, and let prepare dinner for 45-60 minutes. Rotating each 10 minutes.
- Oven: Place potatoes straight in your oven racks and let prepare dinner for 45-60 minutes rotating after half-hour.
- After 45 minutes, pierce one of many potatoes with a fork to see how tender they’re. Once they’re simply poked you understand they’re achieved!
- Remove from warmth, let sit for quarter-hour to chill, after which unwrap from foil to eat.
- Top together with your favourite toppings and revel in!
Tips & Notes
- *Cook time will fluctuate relying on how massive the potatoes are. Medium-sized Idaho potatoes will take round 45 minutes and huge Idaho potatoes will take 60+ minutes.
- Nutrition info doesn’t embody toppings.
Serving Size: 1
Keywords: baked potato in foil, baked potato in oven, baked potato in oven wrapped in foil