Whip up this shrimp stir fry in lower than half-hour for a protein and veggie-packed meal. This shrimp stir fry recipe is made with our do-it-yourself stir fry sauce. Enjoy!
Shrimp stir fry is a traditional dinner alternative in our family. It comes collectively rapidly and is filled with veggies and protein. Plus, I’ll do something to eat white rice, my all-time favourite meals.
Easy Shrimp Stir Fry!
Stir fry is the best way to go throughout busy work weeks as a result of it’s quick, higher for you, and so scrumptious. I like our chicken stir fry and Instant Pot cashew chicken recipes since you get the proper steadiness of protein and veggies.
This shrimp stir fry isn’t any totally different. It’s filled with veggies and shrimp, which is low carb and excessive protein, so it’ll preserve you fuller longer.
Why you’ll adore it!
- Ready in 30-minutes
- Better than takeout
- Easily customizable
What sort of shrimp ought to I take advantage of for shrimp stir fry?
The greatest sort of shrimp to make use of for shrimp stir fry is raw giant or jumbo shrimp. If you may get your shrimp peeled and deveined, that’s even higher as a result of it takes any of the preparation work out of the equation. Tail on or off is your choice.
Often occasions yow will discover raw, deveined shrimp within the frozen meat or seafood part of most grocery shops. If you purchase it in bulk, will probably be cheaper!
Use recent shrimp!
We advocate buying your shrimp the day-of out of your native butcher. They usually promote shrimp by the pound.
We don’t advocate ready greater than 2 days when you’ve bought your shrimp from the butcher as a result of it’s simply so significantly better when it’s recent.
What are the perfect veggies to make use of in stir fry?
Pretty a lot any and all veggies work in stir fry. It’s simply all about choice. In this shrimp stir fry we’re utilizing:
- Red onion
- Pea pods
- Red pepper
We advocate utilizing greens which are across the identical measurement in order that they cook dinner evenly. Other veggies we advocate embrace broccoli, cabbage, cauliflower, inexperienced onion, broccolini, and mushrooms.
Ultimate Stir Fry Sauce
For this yummy shrimp and veggetable stir fry, we’re utilizing our signature stir fry sauce that we just lately printed on the weblog. It’s our fundamental, go-to stir fry sauce that works with just about each protein and veggie mixture.
What You Need
- soy sauce: the idea of the stir fry sauce is soy sauce. It’s savory, salty, and so scrumptious.
- rice vinegar: rice vinegar is extra gentle than different vinegars and it goes completely on this stir fry sauce.
- chili garlic sauce: this provides just a little warmth to your sauce.
- grated ginger: the recent and tangy taste of grated ginger is so yummy on this.
- fish sauce: don’t be afraid of fish sauce. Trust us!
- minced garlic: garlic is a should in stir fry sauce. You can mince your individual or use mionced garlic.
- elective sweetener: relying on for those who like a candy or savory stir fry sauce, you possibly can add an elective sweetener equivalent to brown sugar or maple syrup.
How to thicken stir fry sauce?
Whether you’re making rooster stir fry, a veggie stir fry, or this shrimp stir fry, the sauce can simply get watery.
To thicken your sauce, we advocate utilizing cornstarch. You can both whisk the cornstarch proper into the entire sauce OR make a cornstarch slurry.
If you scroll right down to our recipe card, we’ll present you the way we’re doing it on this put up!
Try teriyaki sauce as a substitute!
If you’d quite use teriyaki sauce on this stir fry, it’s best to defnitely check-out our homemade teriyaki sauce. It’s sweeter, however equally scrumptious.
Is this shrimp stir fry gluten-free?
Because this stir fry makes use of soy sauce, it isn’t gluten-free. However, you possibly can sub the soy sauce for tamari to make this gluten-free.
Feel free to maintain issues tremendous easy and serve this stir fry recipe with both white rice or brown rice. Or, you possibly can jazz issues up and ser it subsequent to one of many following:
Chicken Fried Rice: This simple rooster fried rice recipe makes takeout a breeze in your individual kitchen. In this put up, we’ll train you the right way to make rooster fried rice and share some alternate variations as nicely.
Cauliflower Rice: This Cauliflower Fried Rice recipe is a scrumptious low-carb various to conventional fried rice. Packed with veggies and an excellent flavorful sauce, plus it’s simple to make. Enjoy!
Instant Pot Fried Rice: This Instant Pot Fried Rice is fast, simple, and made fully within the strain cooker! Bonus, it’s made with brown rice and truly wholesome!
Vegetarian Fried Rice: This vegetable fried rice recipe is made with brief grain brown rice, tons of veggies, and a protein enhance of eggs for a scrumptious 30-minute meal!
Let your stir fry cool fully. Then, switch it into an hermetic container and refrigerate for as much as 3 days.
Stir Fry Sauce
- ½ cup soy sauce
- ¼ cup rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 teaspoons chili garlic sauce
- 2 tablespoons recent grated ginger
- 1 teaspoon fish sauce
- 1.5 tablespoons minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- elective: 1-2 tablespoons brown sugar or maple syrup*
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- ½ tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 giant purple bell pepper, sliced into strips
- ½ medium purple onion, sliced into strips
- 6-oz. snow peas
- 1 cup matchstick carrots
- 2 giant garlic cloves, sliced
- 1-lb. uncooked giant/jumbo shrimp, deveined and tails eliminated
- Place all the elements for the stir fry sauce right into a mason jar and canopy.
- Shake the mason jar till the corn starch dissolves and all of the elements are mixed. Set apart.
- Heat a big skillet with tall sides or a wok over medium/excessive warmth. Add the olive oil and sesame oil to the pan.
- When the oil is aromatic, add the bell pepper, purple onion, snow peas, and carrots to the pan. Sauté the greens for 2-3 minutes consistently stirring the greens the entire time.
- Next, add the garlic slices and shrimp to the pan and stir the shrimp and garlic in with the greens and cook dinner over medium/excessive warmth for an extra 1 minute (don’t overlook to maintain stirring the elements round whereas they cook dinner).
- Finally, shake up the stir fry sauce one final time to make certain the corn starch hasn’t settled on the backside.
- Pour the stirfry sauce over the greens and shrimp. Stir every thing collectively so they’re coated in stir fry sauce.
- Let the greens cook dinner within the stir fry sauce for an extra 2 minutes to thicken the sauce.
- Remove from warmth and serve over rice.
Tips & Notes
- This is a savory stir fry sauce. If you want a sweeter stir fry sauce, be at liberty so as to add 1-2 tablespoons of your favourite sweetener equivalent to maple syrup or brown sugar.
Keywords: Shrimp Stir Fry
Photography: pictures taken on this put up are by Erin from The Wooden Skillet.