Looking for a straightforward, wholesome, and scrumptious frozen snack in your youngsters this summer time? These Frozen Watermelon Pops are a scrumptious deal with to serve a crowd!
Is Watermelon Good After Being Frozen?
The quick reply is sure. You can freeze watermelon and eat it frozen and it’s nonetheless scrumptious! Once frozen watermelon thaws, it’s going to get mushy. But there are many issues you are able to do with frozen watermelon, so don’t throw out your outdated watermelon!
Ways to Use Frozen Watermelon
- Turn it into popsicles
- Make watermelon slushies, granita or sorbet
- Blend it in a smoothie
- Blend watermelon and different fruit of your selection and make popsicles
How To Cut Watermelon For Kids
- To begin, slice your watermelon into discs.
- Cut the discs into ‘strips’ after which lower these into smaller cubes for a smaller dimension pop. Basically you simply need items that may make good popsicle shapes.
- To see how we like to chop watermelon, see this post.
- Place a popsicle stick within the heart of every piece.
How to Make Watermelon Pops
Once your watermelon is lower and the popsicle sticks are in, you can begin the dipping!
- Melt your chocolate in microwave protected bowl in 30 second increments. Stir between every 30 seconds.
- Let the chocolate cool for only a few minutes earlier than dipping.
- Take every watermelon dice and dip into the chocolate in order that the chocolate comes about half means up. You can use a spoon to assist unfold the chocolate on the watermelon.
- If you wish to add toppings, sprinkle them on now whereas the chocolate remains to be a bit melted.
- Place on a baking sheet lined with a chunk of parchment paper.
- Place the baking sheet within the freezer for two hours or till they’re frozen.
After a few hours you’ll have yummy recent watermelon pops! You can whip up an enormous batch of those in about 10 minutes. And not solely are they quick, however they’re cheap! You could make one in every of these pops for about 10 cents relying on how a lot you get your watermelon for. And you may be ok with letting your youngsters eat multiple as a result of they’re full of vitamins.
- 1 medium watermelon
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- popsicle sticks
Cut watermelon into discs, after which into giant cubes.
Place a popsicle stick into every watermelon dice.
Melt chocolate within the microwave in a microwave protected bowl in 30 second increments. Stir in between in 30 seconds.
Dip every watermelon dice into chocolate and sprinkle toppings on. Place on a baking sheet lined in parchment paper.
Freeze for two hours or till every watermelon pop is frozen.
Serve and luxuriate in or place in an hermetic container for as much as 2 months within the freezer.