Make your self a scrumptious fall breakfast and repair up this pumpkin french toast. It is made with all the basic substances for french toast plus pumpkin puree and a little bit of cinnamon.
For the total recipe, scroll all the way down to the recipe card for a listing of substances and directions.
Fall Breakfast – Pumpkin French Toast
Looking for a straightforward fall breakfast? This pumpkin french toast is an easy french toast recipe with the right fall flare. Add some heat spices and a few pumpkin puree to your french toast egg combination and also you’re all set.
So, if you happen to love French toast and you like fall, then there is no such thing as a doubt you’ll love this straightforward pumpkin french toast recipe!
why we love this recipe
- This french toast recipe is the right fall breakfast.
- It’s an excellent recipe to make when it’s good to dissipate a can of pumpkin.
- You can freeze items of french toast for later.
- Each pice of french toast is gentle on the within and crispy on the surface.
All the Ingredients You Need
- Thick lower bread- if you’re a french toast individual you in all probability already know what bread you want to make use of. We use Texas toast for this recipe, it’s thick and scrumptious. Sourdough bread or every other thick bakery bread would work properly, too.
- Eggs- farm contemporary massive eggs take this pumpkin french toast to the subsequent degree.
- Pumpkin- we love Libby’s canned pumpkin, however use any canned pumpkin you’d like.
- Unsweetened plain almond milk- whisk a bit almond milk with the eggs. Again, you should utilize any sort of milk that you prefer to.
- Ground cinnamon- a little bit of cinnamon provides the right quantity of fall taste that you’re in search of.
- Vanilla extract- vanilla extract brings baked items and candy breakfast recipes up a notch.
- Coconut milk- in terms of toppings for this pumpkin french toast we make a scrumptious easy coconut whip that you just can not skip.
- Maple syrup- we sweeten the coconut whip
Tips + Tricks
Cut that bread thick. The thicker the bread, the chewier and extra scrumptious your french toast will probably be after you cook dinner it.
Let it sit. After you’ve got whisked the eggs, milk, and spice collectively flip the bread a pair instances within the combination so it soaks up all the good flavors. Don’t take it out too fast. Be positive to let any extra egg drip from the french toast, too.
Be affected person. When it involves cooking your french toast on the range prime, be affected person! If you cook dinner the french toast on too excessive of a temperature you’ll get a burnt exterior and a soggy inside. Let the french toast cook dinner on medium/low to let it cook dinner from the within, out. YUM.
No time to make pumpkin french toast on the range for a crowd? Make issues a bit simpler and make french toast for a crowd by making sheet pan french toast.
How to Make Pumpkin French Toast
- Make the egg combination. Whisk collectively the eggs, almond milk, vanilla, and cinnamon. Be positive all of the substances are mixed after whisked.
- Add the bread. Add one piece of bread to the egg combination. Flip the bread a few instances and let it sit within the combination for a minute or two to soak up the eggs. Let the surplus egg drip from the bread earlier than cooking.
- Cook the french toast. Heat a big skillet over medium warmth and add one or two items of french toast to the pan. Cook over medium warmth for 2-3 minutes on both sides till golden brown. Repeat till completed.
- Make the coconut whip. To make coconut whip, take away the coconut cream from the fridge and scoop out solely the exhausting white a part of the coconut cream from the can and discard the coconut water within the backside of the pan. Add the hardened coconut cream and maple syrup to a bowl and whisk with an electrical mixer till peaks type.
- Enjoy. Serve the pumpkin french toast with a dollop of coconut cream and a bit drizzle of maple syrup.
Pumpkin Breakfast Recipes
More Topping Ideas
Maple Roasted Pecans- There’s nothing higher than candy roasted pecans on a fall salad or on prime of baked items. Make these Oil-Free Maple Roasted Pecans in 10 minutes!
10 Minute Candied Walnuts- You are going to like these candied walnuts! No must soak, bake, or wait. We make these candied walnuts in 10 minutes on the STOVE TOP. Make them for a snack or a salad topper any time.
You can retailer french toast after it’s fully cool. Then, place it within the fridge for as much as 3 days in an air tight container.
Can I freeze French Toast?
Yes, you’ll be able to freeze french toast. Let the french toast cool fully after which place it in a freezer protected bag.
To reheat the french toast, pop it within the toaster or reheat the french toast in oven at 350ºF for 15-20 minutes.
For the French Toast
- 4 items bread (we desire thick-cut reminiscent of Texas toast, however any form will work)
- 3 massive eggs
- 1/4 cup pureed pumpkin
- 3 tablespoons unsweetened plain almond milk
- 1 teaspoon floor cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Coconut oil cooking spray or butter for cooking
For the Coconut Pumpkin Whip
- Cream from 1 can of full-fat coconut milk, chilled
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons pureed pumpkin
- Place eggs, pumpkin puree, almond milk, cinnamon, and vanilla right into a medium-sized bowl. Whisk till mixed.
- Heat a big skillet over medium warmth and spray with coconut oil cooking spray.
- Submerge each bit of bread within the egg combination, ensuring every part is evenly coated and saturated.
- Then, switch bread onto skillet and let cook dinner on medium for 2-3 minutes on both sides.
- Repeat for each bit of bread.
- For the pumpkin coconut whip, place chilled coconut cream, maple syrup, and pumpkin puree in a medium bowl and use a hand mixer to combine till fluffy.
- Serve French toast with coconut whip and maple syrup.
Serving Size: 1/2
Keywords: Pumpkin French Toast