Table of Contents[Hide][Show]
I make loads of my well being and wonder merchandise, so physique butters like cocoa butter and shea butter are staples in my dwelling. But there are different physique butters which have their very own set of advantages for hair and pores and skin. Mango butter is my new favourite physique butter to experiment with. It’s moisturizing, soothing, and opulent! And sure, it actually does come from a mango!
Sound unique? Let’s discover out…
What Is Mango Butter?
Mango butter is a butter extracted from the mango seed (pit). It’s just like cocoa butter or shea butter in that it’s typically utilized in physique care merchandise as an emollient base. It’s moisturizing with out being greasy and has a really delicate odor (which makes it straightforward to scent with important oils!).
Mango has been utilized in Ayurvedic drugs for hundreds of years. It was thought to have rejuvenating properties and that it may strengthen the guts, enhance mind exercise, and enhance the physique’s immunity.
Mango Butter Benefits for Hair and Skin
Mango may be very well-liked in skincare, haircare, and cosmetics. Here are a few of its advantages:
Mango butter is wealthy in vitamins that replenish hair and pores and skin well being and make them comfortable and clean. This butter incorporates:
- Vitamin A
- Lots of vitamin C
- Vitamin E
Mango butter additionally incorporates different antioxidants in addition to important fatty acids. These important fatty acids embody:
- palmitic acid
- arachidic acid
- linoleic acid
- oleic acid
- stearic acid
All of those vitamins make mango butter such an ideal moisturizer for hair and pores and skin. Just as vitamins assist the physique on the within, vitamins like those current in mango butter assist enhance hair and pores and skin well being when used externally.
Emollient & Moisturizing
One of the obvious advantages of this physique butter is that it helps hydrate the pores and skin. A 2008 study concluded that mango butter is a wonderful emollient that rebuilds the pure pores and skin barrier. It goes on to say that mango butter “actively replenishes moisture for better skin protection thereby leaving the skin silky, smooth and hydrated.”
Because it’s so moisturizing, many individuals use it for pores and skin situations like eczema and psoriasis in addition to to scale back the looks of scars, advantageous strains, and stretch marks. As talked about earlier, the vitamins in mango butter are one motive that it’s so soothing and moisturizing for the pores and skin and hair.
Anti-inflammatory & Antimicrobial
The above 2008 research notes that mango butter has anti-inflammatory properties. It additionally talked about mango butter has antimicrobial properties and may cease the replica of micro organism. These properties give mango butter the flexibility to appease and restore broken pores and skin and hair. It may additionally assist with pores and skin and scalp points akin to eczema or dandruff due to these properties.
Mango butter additionally doesn’t clog pores, making it an ideal physique butter for all pores and skin varieties. In distinction, cocoa butter is thought to clog pores. So, you probably have delicate or acne-prone pores and skin, utilizing mango butter in your skincare merchandise is a superb thought. I like how wealthy mango butter is with out being greasy. It’s additionally nice for teenagers’ pores and skin!
Uses of Mango Butter
Because of mango butter’s many advantages for the pores and skin and hair, it may be utilized in some ways. Here are a few of my favourite methods to make use of mango butter:
- Sunburn – Mango butter may be very soothing for a sunburn, so I preserve it round for this use. I’ve used it this manner and love how soothing it’s!
- Frostbite – While frostbite must be cared for by medical professionals, after returning dwelling, mango butter may be soothing for the pores and skin.
- In lotions and body butters – Mango butter is superb for soothing and moisturizing dry pores and skin, so I like so as to add it to homemade lotions and different moisturizers when I’ve it. I’ve even used it to make lotion bars like this one.
- Eczema reduction – These can be useful for eczema, psoriasis, or different pores and skin situations that require deep moisturizing. I add it to this eczema relief lotion bar.
- Men’s lotion – I add mango butter to this men’s lotion recipe because it has a gentle aroma.
- Acne – Mango butter is a superb moisturizer for acne-prone pores and skin because it received’t clog pores and has anti-inflammatory and antimicrobial properties.
- Anti-itch balms – Mango may also help soothe itchy pores and skin so it’s an ideal addition to a bug bite balm or lotion.
- Lip balm – Use mango butter rather than shea butter or cocoa butter in lip balm recipes. Mango butter may be very moisturizing, so it’s good for sunburnt or chapped lips.
- Scars – Use pure mango butter or a butter containing mango butter on scars to assist enhance the look of the scar. I’ve seen that this helps with recent scars that aren’t fading as rapidly as I’d like.
- Fine strains – Many folks discover that mango butter helps enhance advantageous strains on the face.
- Stretch marks – Mango butter may additionally be useful for stretch marks from pregnancy or in any other case. Just rub some mango butter onto the pores and skin day by day.
- Hair – use mango butter to clean frizzy hair. Mango butter may assist with dandruff and different pores and skin or scalp points.
- Face moisturizer – This recipe is a superb face moisturizer utilizing mango butter.
Mango butter is such an ideal moisturizer, I typically add it to merchandise I’m making at dwelling. But I’ve additionally used it by itself which works very well too.
Is Mango Butter Edible?
Mango butter is edible! It can be utilized to exchange cocoa butter in recipes (together with in home made chocolate). However, don’t eat simply any mango butter. It have to be a food-grade mango butter (many which can be meant for skincare usually are not food-grade).
Is Mango Butter Better than Other Butters?
Mango butter and shea butter are comparable in composition and are each nice moisturizers. They can typically be used interchangeably in recipes. Cocoa butter can also be comparable although it’s extra prone to clog pores. I like mango butter as a result of it’s agency (not fairly as agency as cocoa butter) and has little or no aroma.
Where to Get Mango Butter?
I get high quality mango butter for skincare and haircare use at a neighborhood pure retailer or on-line. Make certain you discover a pure mango butter that hasn’t been minimize with different components. I wish to get mine from the identical firm I belief with my essential oils.
This article was medically reviewed by Dr. Jennifer Walker, an inside drugs doctor. As at all times, this isn’t private medical recommendation and we suggest that you just discuss together with your physician or work with a health care provider at SteadyMD.
Have you tried mango physique butter? What do you want about it?